Expert Panel

Forums Home > Transitioned Military Officer > Ask an Expert > JMO Transition - Records you need
Comments have been closed for this topic.
Replies for JMO Transition - Records you need
Author Message

Managing Junior Military Officers
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 26
Posted: May 4, 2012 1:23 PM

Ok, so don't be me!!! In such a hurry to see that gatepost in my rear-view mirror I failed to follow many of the lessons I am now URGING you to follow. These documents are important...take the time to identify them, make sure they are correct and put them in a very safe place..in fact, make copies and put in multiple safe places. These are documents you need. - DD214, DD214, DD214: many many years later and a relocation of personnel documents by the Department of Defense and I still can't get a copy of this document. (Don't be me! - VA Loans, Employment benefits, and many more) - Medical records - Copies of performance reviews - Letters of recommendations - Did I mention DD214? Again..do NOT be me! - Resume

If you found this information helpful please visit our Resource Center located on our Transitioned Military Officer Community Page for more useful information.

Comments have been closed for this topic.
Our members have made a total of 1516 posts
The newest member is unisonglobus
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies


Do you feel comfortable as a member of your civilian work team?