Expert Panel

Forums Home > Executive Leadership / General Management > Ask an Expert > Handling rude and angry Service Delivery manager
You must log in to create new replies...
Replies for Handling rude and angry Service Delivery manager

Project Management
Kanchan

Hi,
There was a new website creation requirement that was brought to attention about 3 months ago which was not part of original project scope. After several brainstorming sessions with SMEs and technical experts the SDM agreed to own and drive it until overall design had been finalized. There was lot of tension and disagreements, conflicts among the various teams. It was a complex solution. The SDM assured me that I drop the ball and focus on other projects. There was specific requirement was agreed to be built, however there were no clarity and many missing solution elements to it. All of sudden today I was invited to a meeting to discuss about a POC for this complex website build.
The SDM and the architect were furious that I did not pick up the one specific requirement that was discussed months ago. I clarified that there was no such solution built over past month, the technical specs are not clear. In front of audience of 5 other participants in WebEx session the SDM and the architect scolded me saying this is not acceptable and I should have it done long ago. They were unwilling to hear me out and I started shivering with anger and my blood was boiling. Yet I remained silent and did not argue back. I feel I did not stand up for myself. I reported the harsh treadment to my supervisor and sr. mgmt.. They did not react to my email atall. I told my supervisor that i will not work on this requirement until I finish my other priority deliverables.

I feel the two people on the call ganged up against me and had the ill feeling towards me since many months.. How do i fix this?
Its emotionally frustrating

Executive Leadership / General Management

RE: Handling rude and angry Service Delivery manager
I forgot to add to the question - SDM sent minutes of meeting today after the call . He completed ignored my points and doubts /questions that I had highlighted in the call before i can take it forward. He simply assigned an action item on my name stating that I have to build the site for them. Which obviously has many other pre-requisites to be fulfilled.

Executive Leadership / General Management

RE: Handling rude and angry Service Delivery manager
Thank you for sharing the article on handling a rude and angry service delivery manager. I appreciate your thoughtfulness in providing valuable resources. I will make sure to visit the link you shared https://appsnado.com/ and explore the insights provided. Dealing with difficult personalities can be challenging, but with patience, professionalism, and effective communication, I believe we can navigate such situations successfully.
You must log in to create new replies...
Our members have made a total of 1503 posts
The newest member is Clara
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

Survey

What is a realistic success horizon for Leaders?
>