Expert Panel

Comments have been closed for this topic.
Replies for Response letters

Customer Service
Michael7Alsup

cc: Dan Woods To Mr Woods and Forum, I have a vey BASIC Question. When a HR Department after holding an application fo 3 weeks sends a response letter Statin "there are many elements involved in a decision to hire" or not and a potential Candidate receives this letter How can I, We, They, respond to improve or change those elements to meet the standards or expectations of the position. The response is some times "I think you already know" another dodge the issue response to any candidate. If I,we,they know they would react or respond to the critique. I have worked on and organized field projects in Merchandising and route sales. Field Numbers and how to change them are often found in getting back to the Basic Baseline of what is needed, The letter(s) defining those elements or specific Charactaristics need to meet or improve that response is what is needed > Tell the Candidate the Truth. Right or Wrong. Cold or not Then those things he/she can change will change and for the better. Vagueness and "hinting" at those elements ain't goin' to get it. Let the candidate know what you as a hiring manager expect even in a letter of denial. Michael Michael7Alsup@Comcast.net

Transitioned Military Officer

RE: Response letters
Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting your question. It happens more often that one would expect. Lack of transparency and feedback from recruiters both internal to an organization and external.

First and foremost don't be frustrated. Keep in mind that a single individual that posts a job position may get hundreds of responses. Sending out that many customized denial letters probably is not feasible, that is why they send out generic ones.

Also, don't leave the job of what aspects of YOU didn't work up to others. There are two elements to getting selected. The first is, do you have the skills necessary to do the job. The second, is your personality a good fit for the culture of the organization. The flip side of that is, is the company a good fit for YOU! Don't get stuck in making a move because the job looked good on paper only to find out it is a terrible fit culturally.

If the "Job" is something you really want then keep developing the necessary skills to do that position well. Certifications, professional associations, back to school, internship, whatever it takes. It won't be easy, but doing any of these things helps improve your skills and in turn makes you more marketable.

I agree...I wish companies and hiring professionals did a better job of giving constructive feedback. But remember, their job isn't to give you constructive feedback, it is to find one candidate that fits both the job and the culture well...

YOUR job is to prepare yourself, keep a positive attitude, take what feedback comes and to continue to develop yourself.

I hope this helps and feel free to post more questions if you have them!
Comments have been closed for this topic.
Our members have made a total of 1503 posts
The newest member is Clara
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

Survey

Do you feel comfortable as a member of your civilian work team?
>